A few weeks ago these beautiful irises were in full bloom in my St Louis garden. Notice anything about the colors in this photograph? They are essentially the palette of colors we use in our brand.
I love using nature as an inspiration during web and graphic design projects and as this image shows a simple photograph is sometimes all you need to build a great color palette from which to work.
St Louis web designer tip of the day
We need a website ASAP. This is a surprisingly common request and was exactly what Software Assistants asked of us.
Their site was launched today, less than two weeks after we began the project. The fast turn around did not mean we cut corners, we followed our tried and tested design and development process, and set an aggressive timeline for each phase. With fast client feedback and collaboration we were able to deliver exactly what they wanted. Here is the end result.
Blogs are a great way to promote your services, improve your search engine ranking and provide a great way to interact with your readers.
Here are some quick tips to give your blog a boost and grow your readership
- Write it regualry – at least twice a week.
- Comment on other blogs- in the comments box there is often an opportunity to include your own website or blog URL.
- Title your blog posts with keywords you are targeting.
- Submit your blog to a blog directory such as blogcatalog
- Give your readers different options to subscribe to your content. e.g. sign up through a reader – try Goggle Reader or sign up to receive via email.
- Start a Twitter account and use it to promote new blog posts.
- Use a free pinging service such as Pingoat
St Louis web designers tip of the day!