I recently had my personal blog, Creative in Chicago, reviewed in an anonymous review process. The reviews were great but it did get me thinking as to how much I share about myself. In general I like to keep my personal life to myself and am not one to share what I had for lunch on Twitter or announce my exact location via Foursquare.
But in the essence of giving a little more of myself I thought I’d share with you today 10 things you never knew about the Chicago web designer!
- First off my name is not Chicago Web Designer, it is Zoe Feast. It is amazing how often it is mispronounced. I recently received a phone call from someone asking to talk to Zoo Fest!
- I originally come from the UK but became a US citizen in 2009 . I have yet to lose my English accent despite living in the States for over 15 years.
- I am passionate about what I do and love the ying/yang aspect of my job; putting on my creative hat for the design part and swapping it out for a technical one when it comes to coding a project. I sometimes dream about coding which is the geek in me surfacing.
- If that wasn’t geeky enough I have a degree in Physics and a Masters in Engineering.
- My favorite type of project is building brand imagery from the ground up. Everything from a logo, to establishing a color palette and typefaces then putting it all together in an engaging website. Fun!
- I moved to Chicago 18 months ago and live in the North suburbs. For the first 6 weeks of so I was completely reliant on my GPS … Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Deerfield, Lincolnshire, Highland park and the other North Shore suburbs are now my friends!
- I am most productive in the morning and dynamic weather such a thunderstorms or wild winds really help me focus my creativity. Weird right!
- I work on a PC not a MAC
- A friend help me come up with the name of my company ” Indigo Image” . We were eating curry at the time.
- I cook from scratch nearly every night. I have eaten horse, kangaroo and ostrich but never snails.