Being active on Facebook, or any social network, takes time and effort. You can maximize the return on that effort by growing your followers and making your content widely available. Facebook wall updates can even be displayed on your website so they will be visible to those who aren’t yet following you, and will automatically update as your status changes.
It takes a little effort but here is how you do it.
- Visit your Facebook page and “view source” The method of doing this will vary with which browser you are using but generally if you “right click” the page you will be given an option to “View Source”
- On the page source code you need to look for the Rss feed for that page, try doing a page search for “atom”
- The line of code you find will look like this
where the XXX bit is your page ID
- The line of code needs to rewritten to include the full URL
- If you try a view this feed in a reader it will not work. However if you burn the feed using Feedburner the result is a fully functioning readable feed.
- Within the Feedburner dashboard select Publicize>BuzzBoost, and activate. BuzzBoost republishes your feed as HTML , once configured a snippet of code will be generated which you can paste into your website. The Buzzboost code can be easily styled via CSS to fit the look and feel of any website.
Here is one of our clients using Feedburner to display their Facebook page status updates
© 2011 Chicago Web Designer