Here is some interesting feedback I have received from A wall of shame for website testimonials and I thought I’d spend 5 minutes sharing it with you today. There were not many apologies but plenty of excuses.
- ” We didn’t mean to use your testimonials, they were just filler text on our web site” – from a company who stripped out my company name and added their own.
- “The content has been removed. This is not a business website and did not intend to create profit from displaying it” – so it’s ok to steal if you don’t plan of making any money?
- “A copy writer produced the content for our website”
- “Go Daddy has shut me down and I want you to help me get my site back online” …umm why?
- “I’ve learned a valuable lesson”
- “They are not so great testimonials that I want to keep them for life.” This made me laugh
- “I am not a Cyber thief but a TALENTED website designer who creates real stuff for the client and take due regards from them in return“
- “We do apologize for this action and have since removed them and fired the designer that did this. Again we do apologize for this as we had our own testimonials.”
- “ No idea how this happened, I have asked our web supplier in India to fix the issue.”
My plan of action in cases like these is always to contact the site owner first. If they ignore my requests I will then approach their hosting companies and a file a DMCA. This can result in the sites getting shut down.
© 2011 Chicago Web Designer