During a career presentation I made recently to 8th grade students the question arose, “what do you do in a typical day?” Every day is different but to give you a flavor here is what I did yesterday.
- Put the final touches on a new web site for Helicopter Incorporated: copy and photograph changes. Uploaded site and sent to client for review
- Worked on a new logo for St Louis Jazz Cafe and submitted two concepts for the client to review. Later followed up by phone to get feedback
- Created a flash annimated button for a new web site for Outlook Today, incorporated button into site. Uploaded to testing server and emailed client to review. Followed up on client change requests
- Scheduled a meeting with a new client to discuss the branding of a new business
- Wrote a post for the blog
- Worked on new web site for St Louis Woman’s exchange – currently populating the site with copy
- New Stroco web site: Site is currently in the design phase. Called client to get feedback on progress so far.
- Scheduled meeting with client looking to outsource web and graphic design services
- Followed up with exisiting client requiring web site maintneance
- Dealt with miscellaneous emails
- Read a few blogs and a new copy of Dynamic Graphics magazine
- Drank two cups of coffee!
This is pretty typical for my day and as you can see it is all about managing multiple projects. I put Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash though their paces.