Moving my web design company to Chicago a few months ago has kick started a re-optimization of my web site to better serve my new Chicago location. I have also created my business profile in a number of local business directories such as Yelp and Merchant Circle to build a local reputation.
In my quest for relevant directories I came across Google Offers today, a FREE marketing tool which works in conjunction with Google maps. If you would like to take advantage of this, here is the Chicago web designer’s tip of the day.
- List your business on Google Places using your Google account login information. Company name, address, telephone, email and category are required fields. Optional fields include hours of operation, photo upload e.g logo, description, and even a video upload.
- Verify your business. This is easily done by an automated phone system – the quick way or via a PIN sent to the business address. Once verified your business will appear on Google maps.
- On your main Google Places Dashboard click “Offers” and select +add new offer
- Complete the offer form and hit submit.
- Once your offer is live you can edit, pause or delete it.
Here is the offer I created today: Free website review
©2011 Chicago web designer