Blogging is a great way to market you products or services. But are you making the most of this internet marketing tool?
Here are six tips that will help maximize your blog’s potential.
- Post Title Use key words in your blog post titles and make the title meaningful.
- File Naming Ensure that the file name generated by your blogging platform for each of your posts includes the keywords you want to target. Google’s blogger will automatically generate the file name from the title of your post but WordPress need to be configured.
- Post Content Write content that will engage your visitors, use imagery to add interest and format text so it is easy to read. Remember to include the key words you have targeted in the post’s title.
- Promote New Posts
- List your blog in Blog directories
- Use an automatic ping service Try Pingoat.com
- Use social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook to announce new posts. Facebook can actually be configured to pull all new blog content directly into your page.
- Subscription Offer your visitors a number of subscription options. For example allow then to subscribe via a reader such as Google’s Reader or have new posts delivered as an email.
- Comments Make sure visitors can comment on your posts. All good blogging platforms can be configured so you can approve comments before they get posted to your blog and answering comments is a great way to engage with your visitors.
2010 © St Louis Web Designer